How to Add Humor to Your Novel, Part Two
Last month, I shared with you a primer on how to add humor to your novel, even if your novel isn't meant to be funny.
I then realized that I had a fantastic connection to share with you, comedian and writer Matthew Fay, based in New York. With Matt's generous permission, we chatted for half an hour about the construction and delivery of a good joke, as well as comic influences novelists can check out.
Press the play button to get started!
Scroll down for the reading list Matt refers to in the video.
Matt’s Reading List:
- Poking a Dead Frog by Mike Sacks
- The Upright Citizens Brigade Comedy Manual
- Ant Farm by Simon Rich
- Last Girlfriend on Earth by Simon Rich
- Created in Darkness by Troubled Americans
- When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops by George Carlin
- Let's Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson