Editorial Portfolio, 2013 - Present.
Freelancer of Record for the Following Companies:
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- Gotham Ghostwriters Network
- Heartsome Publishing
- Skyhorse Publishing
- University of California Riverside Press
- Victoria Sanders & Associates
AND I AIN’T GOIN’ BACK, Teri Daniels. (Memoir.)
- Memoir about Hurricane Katrina and the unlikely friendship formed between a suburban wife and mother and a dispossessed black man.
- Manuscript requested by Nadeen Gayle, Serendipity Lit.
BECOMING LYLA DORE, Teri Youmans Grimm. (Red Hen Press, April 2016.)
- Hired as local and regional publicist for Southeastern U.S., November 2015 – April 2016.
CHANCEY BOOK SERIES & FLORIDA BOOKS SERIES, Kay Dew Shostak. (Self-published women's fiction, PB and e-book.)
- Provided copyediting and proofreading services for DERAILED IN CHANCEY (Book 3), CHANCEY JOBS (Book 4), and KIDS ARE CHANCEY (Book 5).
- Provided manuscript critique for new, stand-alone novel BACKWATER, FLORIDA (February 2017).
- For more information: http://www.kaydewshostak.com/
COME DANCING and KEEP DANCING, Leslie Wells. (Self-published contemporary romance series, PB and e-book.)
- COME DANCING made #1 in Amazon e-Books Romance Category, summer 2014.
- Listed in Acknowledgments.
- For more information: http://www.lesliewellsbooks.com
DON’T ADOPT ME, Einar Jordan. (Memoir.)
- The memoir of a single Cuban-American man who fought the American and Canadian governments to get his niece out of foster care and won.
THE FIVE PIVOTAL POINTS OF CHANGE, Rena B. Schochet. (Self-published self-help title, PB and e-book.)
- Currently providing book publicity services for this self-help title on a more mindful approach to the big and little changes in our lives.
- For more information, visit: www.prismchange.com.
THE GONDOLA MAKER, Laura Morelli. (Self-published historical novel, PB and e-book.)
- PW Starred Review
- Kirkus Reviews Indie Book of the Month
- Listed in Acknowledgments.
- For more information: http://lauramorelli.com/the-gondola-maker/
I WAS BORN A BOY, FROM VENUS, Ella Marques. (Self-published memoir, HC, PB, and e-book.)
- Provided two rounds of copyediting and proofreading services for one woman's journey of courage and self-discovery, as she transitions from MTF at age sixty.
- Memoir hit Top 100 in Amazon's LGBTQ Biography/Memoir Category.
- Client interviewed by Miami Herald, currently booking speaking engagements in South Florida.
- Client appreciative of work; requested that I work with her on several additional titles, currently in the works.
- For more information, visit: www.ellamarques.com.
LITTLE BIT OF DARKNESS, Erin Cox. (Literary fiction.)
- Provided proofreading and copyediting services for this novel about one woman's journey from New York to the mountains of Kentucky, from traumatic accident to complicated healing.
- LITTLE BIT OF DARKNESS received four "full-manuscript" requests from top-tier agents.
MEMOIR OF A CASHIER: KOREAN AMERICANS, RACISM, AND RIOTS, Carol Park. (Young Oak Kim Center, University of California Riverside, February 2017.)
- Provided proofreading and copyediting services for this personal account of strained race relations between African Americans and Korean American shop owners in Compton, leading up to and following the L.A. Riots of 4/29/1992.
- MEMOIR OF A CASHIER was later profiled in the L.A. Times (source).
- Client appreciative of work; requested my approval to become a vendor for UC Riverside and work with her on two other projects.
THE PHOENIX RISING Series, Meg Bodemer. (YA fantasy series.)
- Currently providing novel coaching, from outlining through manuscript completion, for a Young Adult fantasy series about a young girl who loses everything and is forced into an arranged marriage, until she grows strong enough to fight back.
PINK SLIPS, Beth Aldrich. (Self-published suspense thriller, PB, e-book.)
- Provided copyediting and proofreading services for debut suspense thriller from award-winning author Beth Aldrich (Real Moms Love to Eat, Penguin/NAL, 2012).
- PINK SLIPS hit #1 in Psychological Thrillers and #3 Overall on the Amazon Best Sellers lists in July 2017.
- PINK SLIPS has received 5-star reviews from the likes of Indie Review and was runner-up in the 2017 General Fiction category at the San Francisco Book Festival.
- Listed in Acknowledgments.
- Learn more at www.pinkslipsnovel.com and www.bethaldrich.com.
TINK AND TOD, Deborah Diner. (Middle grade fiction.)
- Middle grade fiction about two unlikely cousins who find themselves on an adventure through uncharted territory together.
- Manuscript requested by New Leaf Literary & Media.
THE SASSANA STONE Series, James Vella-Bardon. (Historical fiction series, forthcoming from Unbound, fall 2017.)
- Historical fiction series in which a man press-ganged into the Spanish Armada and shipwrecked in Ireland must survive a new way of life in the last days of Gaelic Connacht.
- Provided manuscript evaluation for the first novel, The Sheriff's Catch, as well as book coaching for the series' outline. Series in-progress.
- Speaking to the popularity of the text, Vella-Bardon's Unbound campaign became fully funded within 5.5 days, far less time than the 3 months allotted.
- For more information: http://jamesvellabardon.com/.
THE SHREDDED CHEF, Michael Matthews. (Fitness cookbook, HC, PB, and e-book.)
- Matthews was so impressed with my edits on his outline for TESLA that he hired me to edit a second edition of THE SHREDDED CHEF, his fitness cookbook.
- Sold 3,000 copies in its first week.
- Broke into the Top 150 in Cookbooks - Health & Fitness on Amazon, fall 2016.
- For more information: http://www.muscleforlife.com/books/the-shredded-chef/
UNLOCKING FREEDOM'S DOOR, Ken Fox. (Flat Pond Publishing, 2016.)
- Referred to me by Laura Morelli.
- Historical novel about a biracial school teacher, a Union general, and three brave men who rowed across the Chesapeake to freedom in Civil War era Virginia.
- Requested my services for a second pass-through after implementing my suggested edits.
- In the Acknowledgments: "Jessica Hatch challenged me to bring Mary, General Butler and the other characters to life."
Various works, Anna Kovatcheva. (Magic realism, short stories, essays.)
- Listed in Acknowledgments of THE WHITE SWALLOW, Kovatcheva’s award-winning chapbook (Gold Line Press, 2015).
- Kenyon Review Short Fiction Contest Runner-Up, 2014.
- For more, visit http://www.kovatcheva.com/publications
WILDER, Traci O. Connor. (YA dystopian novel, forthcoming.)
- Represented by Victoria Sanders and Associates, who requested another editorial pass prior to submitting to auction.