[Updated Daily!] October Boot Camp 2017 Prompts
Wondering what this is all about? Learn more here.
- Go to a public place (e.g., café, park) and try to find an anchor in the moment. Listen out for a snippet of conversation that interests you, an interesting visual, a thought that pops into your head; go from there.
- Write a fictional Missed Connection for Craigslist. (If you’re not familiar with the concept, read a few MCs here.)
- Write in the style of your least favorite author.
- "The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings, for it will destroy the world in which you live." - Nisargadatta
- It's 3am and your novel's antagonist is craving a sandwich. What happens next?
- Transcribe the one voicemail your protagonist will never delete.
- Make an annotated grocery list for a character from your favorite book. (Shoutout to poet and writer Sarah Crossland for this one!)
- Sonder – (n.) the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own.
- "It's not what it looks like!"
- Direct me to the guest bathroom in your protagonist's house.